Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hammy



Hammy the Squirrel finally made such a nuisance of himself (including an incident in which he got into the HVAC ductwork - I still haven't figured out how he did that) that I had to relocate him despite the cold weather. I used a Havahart live trap borrowed from my sister's place (thanks, Logan!) and used a bait recommended on the 'Net; peanut butter mixed with sunflower seeds. I put the trap just inside the access panel of the attic kneewall and sprinkled a few extra sunflower seeds around the trap to lure him over to investigate.

I then transported Hammy to park several miles away, where there's plenty of shelter and birdfeeders in the adjoining neighborhood he can raid.

There are few things noisier on a Saturday morning than a squirrel banging around in the heating ducts.

No comments: